SOMA (Symphony Orchestra Musician Association) represents Australia’s professional orchestra musicians. It includes the musicians of the West Australian Symphony Orchestra (WASO), Adelaide Symphony Orchestra (ASO), Tasmanian Symphony Orchestra (TSO), Orchestra Victoria (OV), Melbourne Symphony Orchestra (MSO), Opera Australia Orchestra (OAO), the Sydney Symphony (SSO) and the Queensland Symphony Orchestra (QSO).
Each constituent orchestra elects a representative to the National SOMA Executive to coordinate industrial and professional policies and to make representations to state and commonwealth governments.
SOMA Executive members
- Lachlan Bramble – Adelaide Symphony Orchestra (ASO) – President
- Mitchell Nissen -Tasmanian Symphony Orchestra (TSO) – Vice-President
- Sydney Braunfeld – Opera Australia Orchestra (OAO) – Secretary
- Tim Francis – Orchestra Victoria (OV) – President
- Liam O’Malley – West Australian Symphony Orchestra (WASO)
- Michael Szabo – Melbourne Symphony Orchestra (MSO)
- Alex Morris – Sydney Symphony Orchestra (SSO)
- Thomas Allely – Queensland Symphony Orchestra (QSO)
- Vivienne Collier-Vickers – New Zealand Symphony Orchestra (NZSO)
Read the latest edition of Senza Sord, the SOMA magazine
If you are having trouble reading this on your phone, it is also available here
. Past editions are available to members here.