Join our experienced and passionate panel as they discuss and debate how ongoing policy reviews, and the dramatic events of the past year will continue to shape the future of the ABC and SBS.
- ABC news director Gaven Morris;
- Economist, columnist and former ABC deputy chair Judith Sloan;
- Communications law expert and former senior public servant Angela Flannery;
- Media consultant and Convergence Review member Louise McElvogue.
Topics to be discussed include:
- Will public broadcasters ever be fully independent when they rely on government support with no agreed funding formula?
- Do the legislated charters covering the ABC and SBS really serve the public interest? Should they be revised?
- What can we expect from the various government reviews into public broadcasting?
- What is it like being at the coalface of public broadcasting when these debates rage around you?
- Are the broadcasters fulfilling their obligations in terms of Australian content?
- Does the government need to rethink the role of the ABC and SBS boards?
Drinks & canapes will be served after the forum.