MEAA Media is the union and industry advocate for Australia’s media professionals.
Originally known as the Australian Journalists Association (AJA) founded on December 10 1910, MEAA Media has a long and proud history of:
- improving the wages and conditions of our members,
- campaigning for press freedom and the public’s right to know,
- promoting high quality journalism through MEAA’s Journalist Code of Ethics, and
- rewarding excellence and promoting professional development through the Walkley Foundation.
As a MEAA Media member you are part of a vibrant, active and independent professional association bringing the people who work in the media industry together under a single banner.
Current Fees from 1/7/2017 (REMEMBER: All membership fees are tax deductible.)
- under $14,999p.a. Media Membership $7.02/week
- up to $29,999p.a. Media Membership $9.55/week
- up to $78,999p.a. Media Membership $13.90/week
- up to $103,500p.a. Media Membership $20.81/week
- over $103,500p.a. Media Membership $26.33/week
- up to $29,999p.a. FreelancePro incl. Insurance $13.94/week
- up to $78,999p.a. FreelancePro incl. Insurance $18.29/week
- up to $103,500p.a. FreelancePro incl. Insurance $25.20/week
- over $103,500p.a. FreelancePro incl. Insurance $30.72/week
- PR Comms – Joint other union/MEAA Media Membership $5.62/week
- PR Comms – Media Membership (PT employed) $5.62/week
- PR Comms – Media Membership (FT employed) $11.23/week
- Media/Journalism Student – Membership $0.97/week
All membership fees are tax deductible.