MEAA Media is the union and industry advocate for Australia’s media professionals.
Originally known as the Australian Journalists Association (AJA) founded on December 10 1910, MEAA Media has a long and proud history of:
- improving the wages and conditions of our members,
- campaigning for press freedom and the public’s right to know,
- promoting high quality journalism through MEAA’s Journalist Code of Ethics, and
- rewarding excellence and promoting professional development through the Walkley Foundation.
As a MEAA Media member you are part of a vibrant, active and independent professional association bringing the people who work in the media industry together under a single banner.
- under $14,999pa Media Membership $6.87/week
- up to $29,999pa Media Membership $9.36/week
- up to $78,999pa Media Membership $13.61/week
- up to $103,500pa Media Membership $20.38/week
- over $103,500pa Media Membership $25.79/week
- up to $29,999pa FLPro inc. Insurance $13.65/week
- up to $78,999pa FLPro inc. Insurance $17.91/week
- up to $103,500pa FLPro inc. Insurance $24.68/week
- over $103,500pa FLPro inc. Insurance $30.09/week
- PR Comms – Joint other union/MEAA Media Membership $5/week
- PR Comms – Media Membership (PT employed) $5/week
- PR Comms – Media Membership (FT employed) $10/week
- Media\Journalism Student – Membership $0.95/week